The journal of Rural Education and Rural Development, is a biannual journal co-sponsored by the UNESCO International Research and Training Centre for Rural Education (UNESCO INRULED) and Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University (FoE, BNU), and is expected to be published by Social Sciences Academic Press (China) and its designated overseas publishing partner in Chinese and English edition respectively.
The Journal presents cutting-edge research findings, project work and good practices pertaining quality rural education for inclusive and sustainable rural development, providing a professional platform for academic exchanges and communication.
The launching of the Journal has received strong support from the UNESCO, Ministry of Education of the PRC, and Beijing Normal University. The academic editor in chief is Prof. Dr. Xudong ZHU, Changjiang Scholar of the MoE, and Dean of Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University. The executive editor in chief is Prof. Dr. Xiaodong ZENG, Professor at Beijing Normal University and executive director of UNESCO INRULED.
The inaugural issue of the Journal is expected to be launched in June, 2021, and we extend sincere invitations to scholars and researchers in relevant fields for submission of papers. The deadline for submission is Nov 15th , 2021.
Suitable topics of the Journal are in accordance with the UNESCO INRULED’s work priorities, and diversified topics concerning rural education and rural development are also highly welcomed. Topics include but are not limited to the following:
· Quality teachers for rural schools
· ICT in education for rural development
· Gender equality and women leadership in education
· Skills development for rural transformation
· International educational assistance for rural development
· Ecological education for sustainable development of the rural areas
· Socio-cultural perspective of rural education
Notes for Prospective Authors
· Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere (N.B. Conference Papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
· All papers should be submitted to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
· For any questions about submissions and queries from potential authors, please address them to the liaison person: Ms. Yuanan Fang; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the UNESCO INRULED
The UNESCO International Research and Training Centre for Rural Education (UNESCO INRULED) was jointly founded by the Chinese government and UNESCO in 1994 and now is located in Beijing Normal University (BNU). The centre is focused on quality education for inclusive and sustainable development oriented towards developing countries through joint work of research activities, training programs, information dissemination and network connection
Our programme mainly covers 4 areas coming as skills development, teacher education, gender equality and women leadership, as well as ICT in education for rural development. Africa is the priority of UNESCO and INRULED as well.